As the old song goes, “I get by with a little help from friends…” And that is what Coastal Windows & Exteriors is all about this Spring!
We are announcing the Winter Home Relief Financing Program to help local homeowners finance unexpected repairs.
New England experienced unprecedented levels of snowfall this winter. Homes were damaged, work was disrupted, and homeowners throughout New England are in serious need of immediate repairs. While many homeowners now find themselves with the unexpected need to repair their roof, gutters, siding, doors and windows from snow damage, ice dams, and resulting leaks, many are wondering how to manage this unexpected expense.
In response, Coastal Windows & Exteriors has launched an innovative partnership with lending partners to assist local homeowners identify and assess their winter roof damage and other exterior damage. At Coastal Windows & Exteriors we pride ourselves in lifetime, energy efficient products. So not only will you be repairing your home, but you’ll be adding value and saving money in the long term by reducing energy bills.
Take advantage of this program through the end of June 2015.
Winter Home Relief Financing Program Details:
- Quick & easy approval process (5-to-10 minutes)
- Easy & efficient e-closing via DocuSign for loans
- No customer closing costs
- Alternate funding options for lower FICO borrowers with mortgage-secured tax deductible interest.
- Extended service hours for late night and weekend appointments
- Same as Cash (SAC) available in advance of receiving insurance claim
- No payments for 12 months
- No penalty rates after SAC period: If customer cannot pay after 12 months, reduced interest rate of 7.99% over 7 years vs. standard 18% over five years
- $45,000 limit
- FICO 640+
- No lien required on home
Now…how do you know you need a new roof you ask?
Typically roofing systems that are 15 years or younger are engineered to withstand snow weight and the elements. But the unprecedented severe record breaking winter Massachusetts just experienced could have pushed your roof system beyond its capabilities – especially if it was not installed by a factory-certified Master Elite roofing professional (only 2% in the country including Coastal Windows & Exteriors!)
Here are some tips for homeowners to identify possible problems on their roofs:
- Cracking, missing, lifted or curling shingles
- Gutters bent from the weight of snow or excessive ladder use
- The wood that holds the gutter (fascia) can also be damaged by water infiltration (peeling paint or warped boards.)
- Water damage
- Behind the fascia-soffit area (horizontal area behind the fascia) caused by missing pieces, peeling paint or warped boards.
- Ceiling stains or running water can be a sign of improper leak barrier (should be 6’ starting immediately above the gutter).
- In the attic-check decking areas as sometimes you wont see a leak inside the home.
- Ice Dams-Melted snow traveling down the roof and re-freezing and sometimes water can enter into the house.
- Improper Flashing can cause areas such as chimneys to deteriorate prematurely.
If you noticed damage to your roof or any other exterior area of your home (or signs of water inside the home), here are some tips on what to do next:
- Identify who installed your roof and inquire about the system used and warranty provided.
- Contact your insurance company.
- If you decide to perform the repairs yourself, please follow all safety regulations and install all new products according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- If you decide to hire a contractor, do your research and find a contractor who is licensed and insured, offers financing, and, more importantly, is certified by a manufacturer for correct roof system installation procedures. Click here for additional tips to find the right roofing contractor. To find a local factory-certified contractor in your area, start at gaf.com/contractorlocator.