The Building Blocks of a Roofing System
What are the powerful components of a roofing system? Our GAF roofs are engineered to keep your family safe, secure, and protected from the elements. An outdated roof should never leave you strapped for cash or scrambling for buckets during a rainstorm.
This is where the incredible engineering of a GAF roofing system comes into play. Each element is designed for protection, performance, and preventing problems such as sickness from mold or skyrocketing insurance premiums.
Serving as a shield of armour, your new roof is comprised of layers including:
- Roof deck protection: Keeps the roof protected from moisture infiltration
- Leak barrier: Defends against leaks and ice dams forming on the roof
- Starter strip shingles: Prevents shingle blowoff which can keep issues such as leaks and even wood rot
- Lifetime Shingles: Quality asphalt shingles that come with an unlimited wind protection warranty, all while improving curb appeal
- Cobra Attic Ventilation: Balances airflow in the attic to maintain an adequate indoor temperature that prevents winter ice dams
- Ridge Cap Shingles: Provides further protection against leaks at the hips and ridge
Electricity and gas prices continue to rise, and sound roofing can provide you with plenty of peace of mind along with protection from the elements.
What are the Signs that You Need a New Roof?
Beverly, MA homeowners often ask us: how do I know when I need a new roof? There are several telltale signs to consider, some are obvious and others may be difficult to detect.
Typical signs of roof replacement include:
- Black tar streaks on the roof
- Curled and bucked shingles which exposes the roof deck to the elements, compromising the roof’s performance
- Algae and mold growth which eats away at the roof shingles and makes them less effective at protecting your home
- Mold and moisture damage in the attic which can be dangerous to the health of your family
- Missing shingles
- Daylight that you can see through the roof boards and ledger boards, which serves as an access point for moisture that may potentially ruin personal belongings and require expensive repairs
- Your attic temperature is warm/hot in the winter and cool in the summer
- Ice dams that result in tens-of-thousands of dollars in repairs
- Your chimney is leaking
- You’re frequently stressed about high energy bills
- Your roof was damaged in a windstorm, causing your home insurance rates to spike
“The roof turned out good as far as I can tell. There was a small issue and when I mentioned it, they sent someone out the same day to fix it. In the snow! My experience was great with fantastic customer service.” -Julie C.
How Long Does a Roof Last?
A roof is an investment that can last a lifetime. However, the longevity of a roof largely depends on the installation as well as the quality of materials. Lower-grade roofing materials may last 10 to 15 years.
Our GAF roofing is engineered to last for life. We see to this by installing 6 inches of ice and water shield protection, while the competition only uses 3 inches. This will be the last roof you’ll need for your home!
What is the Best Time of Year to Install a New Roof?
Any season is a great season for new quality roof installation in Beverly!
Roof replacement is suitable for nearly any time of the year, including winter. Never hesitate to put off roof replacement until spring or summer. Fall and winter can work just as well to get your new roof installed, especially with experienced roofing contractors and installers.
Get a Free Roofing Quote to Protect what Matters Most
We love working with Beverly homeowners! This is a special community to us as it’s where we live and work. Named after the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, this area is where the first ship was commissioned for the US military by the US army. Also dubbed as the birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution, we love the charm and the community of Beverly.
If you’re a Beverly homeowner, consider our quality GAF roofing systems, as well as our replacement windows, vinyl siding, and entry doors. Each product is engineered to last for life, protecting what matters most while keeping your family healthy, safe, and cozy.